Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s easy. Here at Be Informed Inspections, we’ve listed 7 Home Inspection tips on preparing for the home inspection:
1. Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that Dallas TX home inspectors are people first and inspectors second. A clean house shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
2. Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes before the appointment. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
3. Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing, looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Ensure everything is on and operational, or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
4. Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
5. Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas and other house rooms. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
6. Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys for the inspector to use and put them on the kitchen table.
7. Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, you must provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your house, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own Dallas TX home inspection conducted. As a seller, you want to present the best side of your home to buyers, so knowing of any issues, fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing. It is best to have the home inspection tips as your guide.
At Be Informed Inspections, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in Dallas, TX area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (972) 827-2366 or click here to schedule your appointment online.
Be Informed Inspections | Let this experienced Dallas Texas Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Be Informed Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough, yet have excellent communications skills to be able to put the entire house into perspective for you. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Dallas Texas and Fort Worth area, we can help!
Owned and operated by Professional Licensed Inspector, Marcus Willis – Be Informed Inspections takes pride in his commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.
Call (972) 827-2366 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website