Buying a home is one of the most expensive purchases in a person’s life. The process is long and stressful. Perhaps you spent months searching for the right house before making an offer. Now that you have your dream home under contract, the process of writing checks begin. And, upon seeing your total expenses, you might think of ways to save money and be tempted to skip the home inspection.
Smart home buyers call for professional help. It would be best if you had an unbiased evaluation of your home and the home inspection in Dallas TX is a big part of your home buying process. Tempting as it might be to cut expenses, here are eight good reasons you need the home inspection.
- Reveals Unseen And Unpredicted Problem: It’s easy to fall in love with the home’s looks. Unfortunately, the house that seems to be in excellent shape may have unseen problems.
- Safety Issues: What’s great about the home inspection is that it detects safety issues. The home inspector will look at the home’s major systems, such as the electrical, and determine the working condition. You want the house to be safe for you and your family when you move in.
- Inspects For Unsafe and Shoddy Workmanship: A home inspection can reveal whether work or upgrades to the home were unsafe or substandard.
- Negotiation Leverage: The home inspection report presents an opportunity for the buyer to ask for repairs or negotiate for a price deduction.
- Forecast Potential Costs: The home inspection helps to determine the age and condition of the major systems, such as the plumbing, heating, and cooling as well as other critical equipment. Understanding what items need replacement or how long they will last will help your budgeting decisions, and what types of insurance coverage and warranties you should consider.
- Protect Your Investment: Your home inspector can be an educational resource on maintaining your new home and ultimately saving money in the long run.
- Insurance: Some insurance companies will not insure a home if specific certifications are not documented, such as Wind Mitigation, Four-Point Inspections, outdated wiring, plumbing, roofs, etc
- Peace Of Mind: Nobody wants unpleasant surprises after moving in. Saying that a home inspection gives you Peace Of Mind is an understatement – it gives you a piece of real knowledge about your new home, helps you save money down the road, and ensures that you and your family move into a safe and comfortable home.
The home inspection is a physical examination of the home. The Dallas TX home inspector will thoroughly examine the house looking for safety, function, and structural issues. You will receive a detailed report with photos and a summary page listing any concerns and items that need revisions now and those that may need in the future.
Very happy with our inspection that Michael did today. Our 1 year in our home is coming up next month and we need to turn in a report for our warranty, we found out a few issues we didn’t know anything about so we are very glad that we did this and will be able to get it all fixed! Thank you! – Victoria Haynes
In other words, the home inspection is a vital component of the home buying process and an excellent investment.
More than just a business and trading center and its blazing economy, Dallas, TX certainly has plenty of property options if you are into a big city feel with great food, diverse culture, and perhaps a residential location that’s close to your workplace.
When buying or selling a home in Dallas, TX, you’d know the “Big D” is right for you when you hire professionals from Be Informed Inspections, LLC.
Since 2006, Be Informed Inspections, LLC has been helping numerous clients making informed decisions whether it be a buyer inspection, pre-listing inspection, or new construction inspection, among other services. It is our commitment and goal to always prioritize our clients’ best interests.
Our home inspectors are trained and highly skilled. Their professionalism is second to none. An on-site oral report and a comprehensive narrative report with high-definition photos will be delivered to you within 24 hours after the inspection.